Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Little Girl Is One

A little over a week ago my baby girl turned one years old... It was a milestone in life that didn't affect her in any particular way, but overjoyed me so much... She had officially been on this Earth for a whole year and we had our ups and downs but not one second would I trade in any of the time that we spent together...

On May 21st 2007 at around 12:30am I was sitting watching tv eating my usual late night bowl of cereal... I felt something strange and something told me to get off of the bed... As soon as I got up my water broke... It was a huge gush of warm liquid that no matter the amount of squeezing I couldn't get it to stop... I went to the bathroom to make sure it was what I really thought it was... I went to the hospital that Saturday due to the fact that I thought my water had been leaking and was sent home with the same old same old that I was fine... Anyway after getting the carpet wet and noticing that it was indeed clear fluid I tried calling Brett because he worked nights... His phone kept going to voicemail so I called his supervisor... Luckily Brett was walking past him at the time so he quickly gave the phone to him...

Brett asked me several times was I sure that my water had broken since we had gone to the hospital about four times prior to this moment... I was pretty sure since everytime I stood up a gush of liquid would come flooding down my legs... So he said he would come right home and take us to the hospital... When he came in the house and noticed all of the wet spots on the floor he was sure that I knew what I was talking about... He changed clothes and we left for the hospital.. The entire time I never felt a contraction or anything... We got to the hospital and the nurses remember me from that Saturday night... They asked me what did I feel when my water broke and I said a huge gush... The nurse who took me to my room didn't even check to see when I left a wet spot on the floor to go change into my hospital gown... I was then hooked up to the monitors to see if I was having contractions which I wasn't and then told that they would start the pitocin...

I was on pitocin for the entire laboring time which was about eighteen hours... Jayla's heart rate dropped after each contract and they put me on oxygen and kept flipping me over on my sides to try to get her heart rate steady... They also put an internal monitor on her head.. They were kinda worried because I wasn't progressing past 4cm... At about 5:30pm the doctor came in and told me that they were probably gonna do a c-section... At that point I already had an epidural and justed wanted my baby girl to be healthy and safe so I told them to go ahead with the c-section...

Jayla Marie Boston was born on May 21, 2007 at 6:18pm... She weighed 6lbs 2ozs and was 18 and a half inches long... She was so little compared to what she is now... She now weighs 20lbs 14ozs and is 29 and a half inches long... Wow how the times fly... My baby girl is no longer a baby... She's been walking for a good three months and she looks so much like a little girl and less like a baby...

Birthday pics are coming soon

1 comment:

EthansMommy said...

Wow, that story takes me back a year! Happy Belated Birthday Jayla!